Wednesday, April 18, 2012

This is my newest piece of my jewelry and it has a lovely story that goes with it. This bracelet was my great great Aunt Jeanette's. When I was 10 years old she let me wear with a special dress that I had and over the years I wore it many times. One of my most memorable times was the summer I was 15. I had a Red Dotted Swiss Dress that was piped in red. I had red sandals and I got to wear the bracelet to the movies with my boyfriend -BOY- I thought I was so grown up and that I looked like a movie star. My great great Aunt was my great grandmother's baby sister and lived for another 6 years. Of course I inherited the bracelet and I love it but I never wore so I decided to make something that I would wear more often and still not scratch the stones or damage the bracelet. I kept the bracelet as it was and used it as a focal and only removed the clasp (saved it) added some wire wrapped red crystals, chain and a hand made clasp. I love it and I know now that bling is so popular I will wear it more.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Barbara...
    I love this piece...and your story makes it even more special! I sure remember dotted swiss...you sure don't see it anymore. Maybe it's time for it to make a comeback.

    I'm looking forward to seeing your jewelry on your new blog. It looks great so far!
    xo
    Debbie
    ===^..^===

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely necklace with a beautiful story behind it ! Your jewelry is wonderful !

    ReplyDelete